Note: Installation instructions and illustrated drawings are recommendations only, while proper local construction methods are the responsibility of the installer.
For the Do-It-Yourselfer, Reflectix® has an insulating product specifically designed for this application; our Concrete Slab Insulation product. The addition of this product into a concrete slab project will result in a more comfortable and consistent indoor slab surface temperature. The bonus characteristic to this product is how easy it is to handle and install.
Concrete Slab Insulation
Concrete Slab Insulation, White/Reflective/Bubble/Bubble – Roll
- DBWEF48050 (48” x 50’)
- DBWEF48100 (48” x 100’)
- Provides a reduction in surface temperature fluctuations, experienced on indoor concrete slab surfaces
- Reduces heat loss due to groundwater
- Installs quickly and easily
- Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
- No nesting characteristics for insects
Concrete Slab Insulation
- Unroll the Reflectix® Concrete Slab Insulation product over the base material prior to pouring the concrete.
- Butt the seams of the product and seal with 3” wide poly tape. Note: Utilize a flat edge taping tool to assure good adhesion on all tape.
- Pour slab per code specifications.
Review These Important Safety Guidelines Prior to Installation:
- ALWAYS check local building codes before installing Reflectix®.
- ALWAYS use eye protection.
- Please Note: The intention of these Installation Instructions and 3-D renderings are for the sole purpose of illustrating the correct location and relative position of the Reflectix® products in specific building assemblies. The correct construction methods and techniques are the responsibility of the installer or contractor. The methods outlined are recommendations on location of the Reflectix® products as a guideline. There are no claims on the part of Reflectix, Inc. that these building assemblies are finite standards or meet building code requirements (as they can vary by region).
Testing and Certification
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to the “Additional Resources” tab. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call (800) 879-3645.
Add'l Resources / Literature
Pictured: 1. Concrete Slab Insulation, 2. Product Close-up