Note: Installation instructions and illustrated drawings are recommendations only, while proper local construction methods are the responsibility of the installer.
Utilizing Reflectix® to enhance the efficiency of your existing duct system is one of the “easiest to install” products you can select. There are no fibers or dust contained in the product, thus no need for respirators or protective garments.
Double Reflective Insulation
Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective – Roll
- BP48025 (48” x 25’)
- Easy to handle and install
- Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
- Lightweight and clean
- Not affected by moisture or humidity
- Resists growth of fungi, mold and mildew
- When sealed properly, aids in reducing duct leakage
Double Reflective Insulation
- Make sure all metal joints, seams and penetrations are sealed.
- In order to obtain the R-6, a 3/4” air space (spacer strip) is required between the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective product and the duct surface. A spacer strip can be created by cutting Reflectix® into 2” wide strips and double wrapping (the strips) around the circumference of the duct every 24”.
- Verify the circumference of the duct at the mid-point of a spacer strip.
- Cut the Reflectix® product to this length plus 1”.
- Wrap the product around the duct and securely tape the linear and circumference seams (overlapping 1”) with UL181 Tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
- Do not leave any exposed duct or space where air can enter between the duct and the Reflectix®.
Review These Important Safety Guidelines Prior to Installation:
- ALWAYS check local building codes before installing Reflectix®.
- ALWAYS check the area you are insulating and make any needed repairs. Any worn wiring should be replaced before you begin installing Reflectix®.
- ALWAYS make sure work areas are well ventilated and well lighted.
- ALWAYS use eye protection when operating a staple gun.
- ALWAYS use caution and common sense when using a staple gun. Be aware of electrical wiring locations. Stapling into a wire can cause severe shock or death. NEVER staple into electrical wiring.
- ALWAYS be careful when working with large pieces of Reflectix® on windy days.
- When installing Reflectix® on bright sunny days, it is best to wear sun glasses.
- Do not work in areas such as attics when temperatures are too hot.
- Please Note: The intention of these Installation Instructions and 3-D renderings are for the sole purpose of illustrating the correct location and relative position of the Reflectix® products in specific building assemblies. The correct construction methods and techniques are the responsibility of the installer or contractor. The methods outlined are recommendations on location of the Reflectix® products as a guideline. There are no claims on the part of Reflectix, Inc. that these building assemblies are finite standards or meet building code requirements (as they can vary by region).
Testing and Certification
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to the “Additional Resources” tab. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call (800) 879-3645.
Add'l Resources / Literature
Pictured: 1. Double Reflective Insulation, 2. 12″ x 25′ Duct Insulation, 3. Taping the Seam with a UL 181 Tape