House Wrap Behind Brick and Aluminum/Vinyl Siding
When considering a house wrap in warm, southern climates, the Reflectix® Heavy Duty Reflective/Woven Fabric/Reflective, Radiant Barrier product is a wise option to consider. This product enhances the thermal performance of the existing system due to its reflective characteristics. It is easy to handle and not affected by moisture or humidity.
Radiant Barrier, Reflective/Woven Fabric/Reflective – Roll (Heavy Duty)
- RB4812550 (48” x 125’)
- Radiant Barrier
- Easy to install
- Convenient roll sizes
- Does not promote growth of mold or mildew
- Prior to installing the exterior finish, staple the Reflectix® Reflective/Woven Fabric/Reflective, Radiant Barrier product (either vertically or horizontally) directly to the exterior side of the structural panel.
- Overlap the seams 2”. Finish the exterior with brick or aluminum/vinyl siding.
Review These Important Safety Guidelines Prior to Installation:
- ALWAYS check local building codes before installing Reflectix®.
- ALWAYS check the area you are insulating and make any needed repairs. Any worn wiring should be replaced before you begin installing Reflectix®.
- ALWAYS make sure work areas are well ventilated and well lighted.
- ALWAYS use eye protection when operating a staple gun.
- ALWAYS use caution and common sense when using a staple gun. Be aware of electrical wiring locations. Stapling into a wire can cause severe shock or death. NEVER staple into electrical wiring.
- ALWAYS be careful when working with large pieces of Reflectix® on windy days.
- When installing Reflectix® on bright sunny days, it is best to wear sun glasses.
- Do not work in areas such as attics when temperatures are too hot.
- Please Note: The intention of these Installation Instructions and 3-D renderings are for the sole purpose of illustrating the correct location and relative position of the Reflectix® products in specific building assemblies. The correct construction methods and techniques are the responsibility of the installer or contractor. The methods outlined are recommendations on location of the Reflectix® products as a guideline. There are no claims on the part of Reflectix, Inc. that these building assemblies are finite standards or meet building code requirements (as they can vary by region).
Testing and Certification
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to the “Additional Resources” tab. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call (800) 879-3645.
Add'l Resources / Literature
Pictured: Heavy Duty Radiant Barrier