Roof – Radiant Barrier
Wall – Masonry R-3.7 to R-6.1
Wall – 2” x 4” R-6.1 (No Fiberglass)
Wall – 2” x 4” R-14 Total Assembly (R-3.9 and a Vapor/Moisture Barrier for the Reflectix®)
Note: Installation instructions and illustrated drawings are recommendations only, while proper local construction methods are the responsibility of the installer.
Reflectix® products provide a wide range of Insulation and Radiant Barrier options for the Do-It-Yourselfer who wants to increase the interior comfort levels of a garage or work shop. Depending on the structure of the building and the level of benefit required, Reflectix® has an “easy to install” option to consider.
Double Reflective Insulation
Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective – Roll
- BP24025 (24” x 25’)
- BP48025 (48” x 25’)
Staple Tab, Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective – Roll
- ST16025 (16” x 25’)
- ST24025 (24” x 25’)
Radiant Barrier, Reflective/Woven Fabric/Reflective – Roll (Heavy Duty)
- RB4812550 (48” x 125’)
- Wide range of performance options
- Installs quickly and easily
- Product does not contain fibers or dust that require respirators or protective garments
- Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
- Reduces the level of interior temperature fluctuations
Double Reflective Insulation or Radiant Barrier
- Refer to the Reflectix® Webpage “DIY Attic”.
Double Reflective Insulation
2. Wall – Masonry R-3.7 to R-6.1
- Refer to the Reflectix® Webpage “DIY Wall – Masonry”.
3. Wall – 2”x 4” R-6.1 (no fiberglass)
- Determine if studs are 16″ or 24″ on center (This will determine whether Reflectix® 16″ or 24″ product is utilized).
- Place one corner edge of the Reflectix® in an upper corner of the stud cavity. At a point that splits the stud cavity; staple the product to the side of the stud (creating a 3/4” tab on the product).
- Proceed “down”, stapling to the side of the stud every 2″- 3″.
- Repeat procedure on opposite stud.
- The Goal: Create two approximately equal continuous 1 3/4” air spaces on each side of the Reflectix® Insulation.
- This application also provides a vapor/moisture barrier.
- Finish wall interior with a panel or sheathing (Product is not specified as an interior wall covering).
4. Wall – 2”x 4” R-14 Total Assembly
(R-3.9 and a Vapor Moisture Barrier for the Reflectix®)
- Refer to the Reflectix® Webpage “DIY Wall – Exterior – 2″x 4″”.
Review These Important Safety Guidelines Prior to Installation:
- ALWAYS check local building codes before installing Reflectix®.
- ALWAYS check the area you are insulating and make any needed repairs. Any worn wiring should be replaced before you begin installing Reflectix®.
- ALWAYS make sure work areas are well ventilated and well lighted.
- ALWAYS use eye protection when operating a staple gun.
- ALWAYS use caution and common sense when using a staple gun. Be aware of electrical wiring locations. Stapling into a wire can cause severe shock or death. NEVER staple into electrical wiring.
- ALWAYS be careful when working with large pieces of Reflectix® on windy days.
- When installing Reflectix® on bright sunny days, it is best to wear sun glasses.
- Do not work in areas such as attics when temperatures are too hot.
- Please Note: The intention of these Installation Instructions and 3-D renderings are for the sole purpose of illustrating the correct location and relative position of the Reflectix® products in specific building assemblies. The correct construction methods and techniques are the responsibility of the installer or contractor. The methods outlined are recommendations on location of the Reflectix® products as a guideline. There are no claims on the part of Reflectix, Inc. that these building assemblies are finite standards or meet building code requirements (as they can vary by region).
Testing and Certification
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to the “Additional Resources” tab. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call (800) 879-3645.
Add'l Resources / Literature
Pictured: 1. Heavy Duty Radiant Barrier, 2. Double Reflective Insulation, 3. Double Reflective Insulation with Staple Tab, 4. Tools for Installation