Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble products for pipe wrap applications are the clear winner when it comes to ease of installation. It has an R-value of R-2.0 and also reduces condensation on cold pipes. The product does not create fibers or dust that would require protective garments or a respirator. The rolls are a very friendly size and can easily be molded or cut to your specific application.
Reflectix® Pipe Wrap consists of two 94%+ reflective layers of film bonded to two internal layers of heavy gauge polyethylene bubbles.
- Reduces condensation on cold pipes
- Reduces heat loss on hot pipes
- Easy to install
- Does not compress, collapse or disintegrate
- Resists growth of fungi, mold and mildew
- Lightweight and clean
Part Numbers and Sizes
- HVSPW02025 (2”x 25’)
- HVSPW04025 (4”x 25’)
- HVSPW06025 (6”x 25’)
- HVSPW09025 (9”x 25’)
- Temperature Range: -60 to 180 F
- Nominal Thickness: 5/16 inch (.312)
- Weight: 0.771 oz./sq. ft.
- Flame Spread Index (ASTM E 84): Less than 25
- Smoke Developed Index (ASTM E 84): Less than 50
- Mounting Method (ASTM E 2599)
- Fire Rating: Class A/Class 1
- Linear Shrinkage: None
- Reflectance (IR): 94%+
- Water Vapor Transmission (ASTM E 96): 0.02
- Puncture Resistance: 60 lb./in.
- Mold and Mildew: No Growth
- Emittance: Less than 0.06
- Tensile Strength: 3.7 N/mm
- Pliability: No Cracking
- Hot Surface Performance: Passed (250 F)
- Note: Not for use in direct contact on surface temperatures that are 180 F or greater.
Testing and Certification
- Thermal Performance ASTM C518
- Hot Surface Performance ASTM C411
- Heat Transfer (Heat Flow Up, Down, Horizontal) ASTM C1363
- Flame Spread and Smoke Density ASTM E84
- Mounting Method ASTM E2599
- Fungus Resistance Mil-Std 810B Method 508
- Pliability Test ASTM C1224
- Water Vapor Transmission ASTM E96
- Tensile Strength ASTM D751
- Emittance Testing ASTM C1371
- Thermal Performance of Water Heater Jackets
- Intertek: Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials ASTM E84 (Taped Joint Detail) Test Report # 3166908SAT-012
- Intertek: Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials ASTM E84 (Unslit) Test Report # 3166908SAT-011
- R&D Services: Resistance to the Growth of Fungi ASTM C1338 Test Report # RD072713FR
- State of California
- State of California Licensed Insulation Manufacturer
- State of Minnesota: Filed with Minnesota Insulation Standards Program
- State of Wisconsin: Wisconsin Material Approval, Safety and Buildings Division Approval # 920088-1
- R&D Services Emittance Testing
- R&D Services: Physical Properties Sheet Width, Length, Pliability, Water Vapor Permanence and Aged Water Vapor Permanence
- R&D Services: Water Vapor Transmission Test ASTM E96 (Dessicant Method)
Note: Installation instructions and illustrated drawings are recommendations only, while proper local construction methods are the responsibility of the installer.
- Spiral wrap the product overlapping a minimum of 1/2” inch.
- Securely tape the seams with a Reflectix® Foil Tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
Review These Important Safety Guidelines Prior to Installation:
- ALWAYS check local building codes before installing Reflectix®.
- ALWAYS check the area you are insulating and make any needed repairs. Any worn wiring should be replaced before you begin installing Reflectix®.
- ALWAYS make sure work areas are well ventilated and well lighted.
- ALWAYS use eye protection when operating a staple gun.
- ALWAYS use caution and common sense when using a staple gun. Be aware of electrical wiring locations. Stapling into a wire can cause severe shock or death. NEVER staple into electrical wiring.
- ALWAYS be careful when working with large pieces of Reflectix® on windy days.
- When installing Reflectix® on bright sunny days, it is best to wear sun glasses.
- Do not work in areas such as attics when temperatures are too hot.
- Please Note: The intention of these Installation Instructions and 3-D renderings are for the sole purpose of illustrating the correct location and relative position of the Reflectix® products in specific building assemblies. The correct construction methods and techniques are the responsibility of the installer or contractor. The methods outlined are recommendations on location of the Reflectix® products as a guideline. There are no claims on the part of Reflectix, Inc. that these building assemblies are finite standards or meet building code requirements (as they can vary by region).
Pictured: Spiral Pipe Wrap rolls in 2″, 4″ and 6″ widths