When considering options for a basement ceiling, Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble product is the easiest (to handle) choice available. It comes in convenient roll sizes that install cleanly and quickly. The product is dust and fiber-free, and does not require any protective garments or respirators to work with.
Double Reflective Insulation
• BP24025 (24” x 25’)
• ST16025 (16” x 25’)
• ST24025 (24” x 25’)
Note: Click here for information on our larger rolls which are available by Special Order at the Contractor or Customer Service Desks.Benefits:
• R-16 and fiber freeTesting and Certification:
• Installs quickly because of its easy-to-handle characteristics and convenient roll sizes
• No need to insulate ducts or pipes between the product and the sub-floor
• Does not require protective garments or respirators when installing
• Resists growth of fungi, mold and mildew
• Does not support insects or rodents
• Vapor / radon retarder
• When properly installed, prevents ground moisture from causing dry rot
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Click here for DIY Air Space Requirements (Revised 0615).pdf
Federal Trade Commission Fact Sheet:
Click here for the Federal Trade Commission Fact Sheet (Revised 0315).pdf
Download DIY Basement Ceiling Installation Instructions 0714.pdf
• Inspect the installation area and make any needed repairs before installing the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble product.
• Check the basement ceiling to determine whether the joists are 16” or 24” on-center.
• Begin at one end of the house and staple the product to the top of the band board or the subfloor (also terminating this course in this fashion).
• Insert the Reflectix® half way up into the joist cavity and staple (at approximately 3” to 4” intervals) the edge of the product to the side of the joist.
• The goal is to split the joist cavity into two approximately equal enclosed air spaces.
• Finish the ceiling with the specified panel or sheetrock.
F1 - Energy Saving Solutions for the Homeowner (Revised 0711)
F2 - Solutions for the Pro (Revised 0416)