Behind Hot Water Radiator
R-3 and a Radiant Reflector
In order to increase the heat transmitted to the interior of a room by a hot water radiator, attach Reflectix® Insulation to the wall directly behind the unit. The product reflects 94% + of the energy that would ordinarily be absorbed by the wall. This will result in a more comfortable room at a lower thermostat setting. The product is easy to handle and installs very cleanly.
Double Reflective Insulation
• BP24025 (24” x 25’)
• BP48025 (48” x 25’)
• Radiant reflector (Reflects 94% + of the radiant heat generated towards the wall behind the unit)
• Easy to install
• Very clean, finished look
• Easily withstands the temperature of the radiator when installed properly
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Click here for DIY Air Space Requirements (Revised 0615).pdf
Download DIY Behind Hot Water Radiator Installation Instructions 0910.pdf
• Measure the width and height of the hot water radiator. It is personal preference (if and) to what degree the product extends beyond the top and sides of the radiator.
• Simply cut the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective product to this dimension.
• Install product flush to the wall and without any contact to the radiator or plumbing.
• Secure the product to the wall utilizing a double sided tape, Velcro strips, spray adhesive or staples.