For the Do-It-Yourselfer, Reflectix® has a product that enhances the performance of a Snow Melt System installed in a Concrete Slab; our specially designed Concrete Slab Insulation product. The addition of this product into a Snow Melt Concrete project will result in a higher level of energy operating efficiency. The bonus characteristic to this product is how easy it is to handle and install.
Concrete Slab Insulation
• DBWEF48050 (48” x 50’)
• DBWEF48100 (48” x 100’)
• Reduces annual energy costs of the system
• Reduces heat loss due to groundwater
• Installs quickly and easily
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
• No nesting characteristics for insects
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Federal Trade Commission Fact Sheet: Installation Instructions:
Download DIY Snow Melt Installation Instructions 0714.pdf
• Unroll the Reflectix® Concrete Slab Insulation product over the base material prior to pouring the concrete.
• Butt the seams of the product and seal with 3” wide poly tape. Note: Utilize a flat edge taping tool to assure good adhesion on all tape.
• Install Snow Melt System per manufacturer’s specifications.