Wall - Exterior (2”x 6” Construction)
R-21 Total Assembly (R-3.9 and a Vapor/Moisture Barrier for the Reflectix®)
Reflectix® is an excellent upgrade for an exterior 2”x 6” stud wall (new construction). The product provides a vapor/moisture barrier, which is a significant factor in the efficiency of the system. Reflectix® is available in convenient roll sizes which contributes to ease of handling and installation.
Double Reflective Insulation
• BP24025 (24” x 25’)
• ST16025 (16” x 25’)
• ST24025 (24” x 25’)
Note: Click here for information on our larger rolls which are available by Special Order at the Contractor or Customer Service Desks.
• R-21 total assembly (R-3.9 for the Reflectix®)
• Vapor retarder and moisture barrier
• Installs quickly and easily
• Additional product cost pays for itself over time
• Resists growth of fungi, mold and mildew
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Federal Trade Commission Fact Sheet: Installation Instructions:
Download DIY Wall - Exterior (2 x 6) Installation Instructions 0714.pdf
• Install R-19, un-faced, per manufacturer’s specifications.
• Place one corner edge of the Reflectix® in an upper corner of the stud cavity. Staple the product to the side of the stud (creating a 3/4” tab on the product and compressing into the fiberglass (3/4” as well)). The edge of the product should be flush with the forward corner of the stud.
• Proceed “down” stapling to the side of the stud every 2"- 3”.
• Repeat procedure on opposite stud.
• The Goal: Create a continuous 3/4” air space between the product and the interior panel.
• Finish wall interior.
F1 - Energy Saving Solutions for the Homeowner (Revised 0711)
F2 - Solutions for the Pro (Revised 0416)