R-3.7, R-4.2 or R-6.1 and a Vapor/Moisture Barrier
The Do-It-Yourselfer has several options to choose from when finishing a Masonry Wall. Reflectix® provides three such options that do not require the addition of a stud wall. The structure of the masonry wall is utilized to support the system. The product is easy to install and contains no fibers or dust that would require respirators or protective garments.
Double Reflective Insulation
• ST16025 (16” x 25’)
Note: Click here for information on our larger rolls which are available by Special Order at the Contractor or Customer Service Desks.Benefits:
• R-3.7 to R-6.1 (depending on size of air space)
• Vapor retarder / moisture barrier
• Easy to handle and install
• Convenient roll sizes
• Not affected by moisture or humidity
• Lightweight and clean
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Installation Instructions: There are three “levels of benefit” options
Download DIY Masonry Wall Installation Instructions 0910.pdf
• Attach 1”x 2” (nominal) furring strips vertically at an interval of 16” on center to the masonry wall (with an adhesive or fastener that is specified for this application).
• Cut the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective, Staple Tab product (using scissors or a utility knife) into lengths equal to the height of the wall (floor to ceiling).
• Staple the product to the face of the furring strip - product seams should split on a furring strip.
• One air space is created between the Reflectix® and the masonry wall.
• Finish with interior panel (or sheetrock) of choice.
• Same as above except utilize 2”x 2” (nominal) furring.
• Same as above, except the product is not stapled to the face of the furring strip.
• Staple the product to the side of the furring strip at a depth of 3/4”. The goal is to split the cavity (in two) into approximately equal air spaces.
• The two air spaces created are: one between the Reflectix® and the masonry wall, and the other between the new interior panel and the Reflectix®.
There are a wide variety of terms and words associated with the Reflectix® family of products. Those in common usage are itemized below in two categories - Products & Applications.
Products: Reflective Insulation, Radiant Barrier, Cathedral Ceiling Insulation, Crawl Space Insulation, Concrete Slab Insulation, Duct Insulation Indoors, Duct Insulation Outdoors, Duct Insulation Spacers, Expansion Joint, Knee Wall Insulation, Pipe Wrap Insulation, Radiant Floor Insulation, Return Air Duct Panning, Wall Insulation, Water Heater Insulation, Metal Building Insulation, Post and Frame Building Insulation, Foil Tape, Metalized Tape, White Poly Tape, Sill Sealer, Foil Insulation, Foil Radiant Barrier, Bubble Pack Insulation, Bubble Insulation, HVAC Insulation, Easy to Install Insulation, No Itch Insulation, Energy Saving Products, Energy Efficient Products. Also, Products/Terms within our industry include: Low-e Coatings, Radiant Barrier Paint, Radiation Control Coatings, Radiant Barrier Plywood, Radiant Barrier Decking, Radiant Barrier Chips, Radiant Barrier Tax Credit.
Applications: Attic, Behind Hot Water Radiator, Cathedral Ceiling, Concrete Slab, Crawl Space, Duct Indoors, Duct Outdoors, Expansion Joint, Garage Door, Knee Wall, Pipe Wrap, Radiant Floor, Snow Melt, Sill Sealer, Storage Buildings, Exterior Wall, Masonry Wall, Water Heater, Wine Room, Work Shop, Agricultural Building, Commercial Building, Return Air Panning, Metal Building Roof, Metal Building Wall, Post and Frame Building Roof, Post and Frame Building Wall.