R-4.2 Duct Insulation - Outdoor
Click here for Submittal Sheet for Duct R-4.2 Outdoor (N17 Revised 1012).pdf
Reflectix® Outdoor Duct Insulation may be installed by wrapping rectangular or round ductwork in HVAC applications. The product costs less to install due to its lightweight, easy to cut and handle, installation characteristics. Reflectix® is extensively tested by either nationally independent laboratories or at leading universities. Please refer to the Submittal Sheet pdf above for detailed testing results and product specifications.
Double Reflective Insulation
• CDW48050 (48" x 50')
• Easy to handle and cost less to install
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
• Environmentally safe, lightweight and clean
• Not affected by moisture / humidity
• Resists growth of fungi, mold and mildew
• No need for protective garments or respirators when installing
• When sealed properly, aids in reducing duct leakage
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
• Make sure all metal joints, seams and penetrations are sealed.Please Note Regarding Hangers:
• Verify circumference of the duct.
• Cut the Reflectix® product to this length plus 1”.
• Wrap the product around the duct and securely tape the linear and circumference seams (overlapping 1”- 2”) with Acrylic Adhesive Foil Tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
• Note: The heavier “reflective layer” side of the product should face the environmental elements.
• Do not leave any exposed duct or space where air can enter between the duct and the Reflectix®.
Strap Hanger: Wrap Reflectix® with the seam at the hanger. Tape seam tightly around hanger.
Saddle Hanger: Make sure that there is a spacer below the hanger, between the insulation and the duct, to prevent the insulation from touching the duct.
There are a wide variety of terms and words associated with the Reflectix® family of products. Those in common usage are itemized below in two categories - Products & Applications.
Products: Reflective Insulation, Radiant Barrier, Cathedral Ceiling Insulation, Crawl Space Insulation, Concrete Slab Insulation, Duct Insulation Indoors, Duct Insulation Outdoors, Duct Insulation Spacers, Expansion Joint, Knee Wall Insulation, Pipe Wrap Insulation, Radiant Floor Insulation, Return Air Duct Panning, Wall Insulation, Water Heater Insulation, Metal Building Insulation, Post and Frame Building Insulation, Foil Tape, Metalized Tape, White Poly Tape, Sill Sealer, Foil Insulation, Foil Radiant Barrier, Bubble Pack Insulation, Bubble Insulation, HVAC Insulation, Easy to Install Insulation, No Itch Insulation, Energy Saving Products, Energy Efficient Products. Also, Products/Terms within our industry include: Low-e Coatings, Radiant Barrier Paint, Radiation Control Coatings, Radiant Barrier Plywood, Radiant Barrier Decking, Radiant Barrier Chips, Radiant Barrier Tax Credit.
Applications: Attic, Behind Hot Water Radiator, Cathedral Ceiling, Concrete Slab, Crawl Space, Duct Indoors, Duct Outdoors, Expansion Joint, Garage Door, Knee Wall, Pipe Wrap, Radiant Floor, Snow Melt, Sill Sealer, Storage Buildings, Exterior Wall, Masonry Wall, Water Heater, Wine Room, Work Shop, Agricultural Building, Commercial Building, Return Air Panning, Metal Building Roof, Metal Building Wall, Post and Frame Building Roof, Post and Frame Building Wall.