Click here for Submittal Sheet for Expansion Joint.pdf
Easy to Handle and Install
This durable, lightweight, closed-cell, foam expansion joint is the solution for your concrete placement needs. It is flexible and can be utilized for curved or straight applications. Reflectix® Expansion Joint is sealant-friendly working well with a variety of common sealants. Additionally, the product is sturdy and will not prematurely break during job-site handling.
• EXP04050 (4” x 50’)
• EXP06050 (6” x 50’)
• Lightweight - Over 11 times lighter than traditional productsTesting and Certification:
• Resistant to moisture - Virtually zero water absorption
• Termite resistant - Does not facilitate destructive termites
• Recyclable - Foam is made of recyclable resins
• Environmentally friendly - Material is CFC and HCFC-free
• Temperature friendly - Excellent range for cold or hot climates
• Reusable - Tear-off strip can be reused as a backer rod
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. For a copy of an actual test report, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call at 800-879-3645.
• Unroll and cut to length.
• Attach to adjacent material before pouring concrete. Attachment can be made with construction adhesive, nails or staples. Be sure that the top of the Expansion Joint is at the top of the intended concrete pour.
• Expansion Joint material includes a built-in “tear-off” strip. Place “tear-off” strip facing up if caulking is desired after concrete hardens. Put “tear-off” strip facing down if no caulking is planned.
• Pour concrete and finish. After concrete hardens, if “tear-off” strip was placed up, remove strip and seal area with appropriate caulking.
• Exceeds ASTM Standard D-7174.
There are a wide variety of terms and words associated with the Reflectix® family of products. Those in common usage are itemized below in two categories - Products & Applications.
Products: Reflective Insulation, Radiant Barrier, Cathedral Ceiling Insulation, Crawl Space Insulation, Concrete Slab Insulation, Duct Insulation Indoors, Duct Insulation Outdoors, Duct Insulation Spacers, Expansion Joint, Knee Wall Insulation, Pipe Wrap Insulation, Radiant Floor Insulation, Return Air Duct Panning, Wall Insulation, Water Heater Insulation, Metal Building Insulation, Post and Frame Building Insulation, Foil Tape, Metalized Tape, White Poly Tape, Sill Sealer, Foil Insulation, Foil Radiant Barrier, Bubble Pack Insulation, Bubble Insulation, HVAC Insulation, Easy to Install Insulation, No Itch Insulation, Energy Saving Products, Energy Efficient Products. Also, Products/Terms within our industry include: Low-e Coatings, Radiant Barrier Paint, Radiation Control Coatings, Radiant Barrier Plywood, Radiant Barrier Decking, Radiant Barrier Chips, Radiant Barrier Tax Credit.
Applications: Attic, Behind Hot Water Radiator, Cathedral Ceiling, Concrete Slab, Crawl Space, Duct Indoors, Duct Outdoors, Expansion Joint, Garage Door, Knee Wall, Pipe Wrap, Radiant Floor, Snow Melt, Sill Sealer, Storage Buildings, Exterior Wall, Masonry Wall, Water Heater, Wine Room, Work Shop, Agricultural Building, Commercial Building, Return Air Panning, Metal Building Roof, Metal Building Wall, Post and Frame Building Roof, Post and Frame Building Wall.