Return Air Panning
Click here for Submittal Sheet for Return Air Panning (F44 Revised 0513).pdf
Easy to Install and Reduces Labor Costs
Reflectix® Reflecto-Pan is an alternative to conventional sheet metal and corrugated aluminum panels for return air ducts. In wood frame construction, it may be used to enclose the bottom of return air plenums, between the joist spaces, stud cavities, and wall and ceiling cavities.
• HVSB1610003 - 16” x 100’
• HVSB2410002 - 24” x 100’
• 30 to 40% less costly than sheet metal and corrugated aluminum panels
• Shop fabricating is not required
• Staple to floor joists and stud cavities
• Class A / Class 1
• Reduces duct noise
• Not effected by moisture or humidity
• Resists growth of fungi, mold and mildew
• Saves labor cost of installation
• Environmentally safe
• Permanent and maintenance free
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
• Energy efficient
• Lightweight and clean
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
Installation instructions and illustrated drawings are recommendations only, while proper local construction methods are the responsibility of the installer.
• Staple Reflecto Pan between the floor joist, or to the side of the floor joist. Open web trusses are acceptable.
• Start at the end of the house and staple Reflecto-Pan to the sub-floor just behind the return air grate.
• Install print side out.
• Staple Reflecto-Pan to the bottom of the floor joist every 2" to 3". Additional approved attachment methods include: steel staples, sheet metal screws and roofing nails.
• Seal the seams with UL181A tape with an acrylic adhesive.
• Sheet Metal has traditionally been used for both stud cavity and joist space plenums. However, code does not specify types of materials allowed for panning.
• Check your local codes before installation for compliance in your area.
There are a wide variety of terms and words associated with the Reflectix® family of products. Those in common usage are itemized below in two categories - Products & Applications.
Products: Reflective Insulation, Radiant Barrier, Cathedral Ceiling Insulation, Crawl Space Insulation, Concrete Slab Insulation, Duct Insulation Indoors, Duct Insulation Outdoors, Duct Insulation Spacers, Expansion Joint, Knee Wall Insulation, Pipe Wrap Insulation, Radiant Floor Insulation, Return Air Duct Panning, Wall Insulation, Water Heater Insulation, Metal Building Insulation, Post and Frame Building Insulation, Foil Tape, Metalized Tape, White Poly Tape, Sill Sealer, Foil Insulation, Foil Radiant Barrier, Bubble Pack Insulation, Bubble Insulation, HVAC Insulation, Easy to Install Insulation, No Itch Insulation, Energy Saving Products, Energy Efficient Products. Also, Products/Terms within our industry include: Low-e Coatings, Radiant Barrier Paint, Radiation Control Coatings, Radiant Barrier Plywood, Radiant Barrier Decking, Radiant Barrier Chips, Radiant Barrier Tax Credit.
Applications: Attic, Behind Hot Water Radiator, Cathedral Ceiling, Concrete Slab, Crawl Space, Duct Indoors, Duct Outdoors, Expansion Joint, Garage Door, Knee Wall, Pipe Wrap, Radiant Floor, Snow Melt, Sill Sealer, Storage Buildings, Exterior Wall, Masonry Wall, Water Heater, Wine Room, Work Shop, Agricultural Building, Commercial Building, Return Air Panning, Metal Building Roof, Metal Building Wall, Post and Frame Building Roof, Post and Frame Building Wall.