Utilizing Reflectix® to enhance the efficiency of your existing duct system, is one of the “easiest to install” products you can select. There are no fibers or dust contained in the product, thus no need for respirators or protective garments.
Double Reflective Insulation
• BP48025 (48” x 25’)
• DW12025 (12” x 25’)
Note: Click here for information on our larger rolls which are available by Special Order at the Contractor or Customer Service Desks.
• Easy to handle and install
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
• Lightweight and clean
• Not affected by moisture or humidity
• Resists growth of fungi, mold and mildew
• When installed properly, aides in the reduction of duct leakage
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Click here for Air Space Requirements (Revised 0713).pdf
Installation Instructions: (There are 2 options)
Download DIY Duct Insulation R-4.2 Installation Instructions 0714.pdf
• Make sure all metal joints, seams and penetrations are sealed.
• Spiral wrap Reflectix® around the duct, overlapping 2” as you proceed.
• If necessary, trim width of product to accommodate bends or diameter changes in the duct.
• Securely tape seams with UL181 approved foil tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
• Do not leave any exposed duct or space where air can enter between the duct and the Reflectix®.
• Make sure all metal joints, seams and penetrations are sealed.Important:
• Verify circumference of the duct.
• Cut the Reflectix® product to this length plus 1”.
• Wrap the product around the duct and securely tape the linear and circumference seams (overlapping 1"- 2") with UL181 approved foil tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal). Do not leave any exposed duct or space where air can enter between the duct and the Reflectix®.
F1 - Energy Saving Solutions for the Homeowner (Revised 0711)
F2 - Solutions for the Pro (Revised 0416)