Utilizing Reflectix® to enhance the efficiency of your existing duct system, is one of the “easiest to install” products you can select. There are no fibers or dust contained in the product, thus no need for respirators or protective garments.
Double Reflective Insulation
• BP48025 (48” x 25’)
• DW12025 (12” x 25’)
Note: Click here for information on our larger rolls which are available by Special Order at the Contractor or Customer Service Desks.
• Easy to handle and install
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
• Environmentally safe, lightweight and clean
• Not affected by moisture or humidity
• Resists growth of fungi, mold and mildew
• When installed properly, aides in the reduction of duct leakage
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Installation Instructions: (There are 2 options)
Download DIY Duct Insulation R-4.2 Installation Instructions 1110.pdf
• Make sure all metal joints, seams and penetrations are sealed.
• Spiral wrap Reflectix® around the duct, overlapping 2” as you proceed.
• If necessary, trim width of product to accommodate bends or diameter changes in the duct.
• Securely tape seams with UL181 approved foil tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
• Do not leave any exposed duct or space where air can enter between the duct and the Reflectix®.
• Make sure all metal joints, seams and penetrations are sealed.Important:
• Verify circumference of the duct.
• Cut the Reflectix® product to this length plus 1”.
• Wrap the product around the duct and securely tape the linear and circumference seams (overlapping 1"- 2") with UL181 approved foil tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal). Do not leave any exposed duct or space where air can enter between the duct and the Reflectix®.
There are a wide variety of terms and words associated with the Reflectix® family of products. Those in common usage are itemized below in two categories - Products & Applications.
Products: Reflective Insulation, Radiant Barrier, Cathedral Ceiling Insulation, Crawl Space Insulation, Concrete Slab Insulation, Duct Insulation Indoors, Duct Insulation Outdoors, Duct Insulation Spacers, Expansion Joint, Knee Wall Insulation, Pipe Wrap Insulation, Radiant Floor Insulation, Return Air Duct Panning, Wall Insulation, Water Heater Insulation, Metal Building Insulation, Post and Frame Building Insulation, Foil Tape, Metalized Tape, White Poly Tape, Sill Sealer, Foil Insulation, Foil Radiant Barrier, Bubble Pack Insulation, Bubble Insulation, HVAC Insulation, Easy to Install Insulation, No Itch Insulation, Energy Saving Products, Energy Efficient Products. Also, Products/Terms within our industry include: Low-e Coatings, Radiant Barrier Paint, Radiation Control Coatings, Radiant Barrier Plywood, Radiant Barrier Decking, Radiant Barrier Chips, Radiant Barrier Tax Credit.
Applications: Attic, Behind Hot Water Radiator, Cathedral Ceiling, Concrete Slab, Crawl Space, Duct Indoors, Duct Outdoors, Expansion Joint, Garage Door, Knee Wall, Pipe Wrap, Radiant Floor, Snow Melt, Sill Sealer, Storage Buildings, Exterior Wall, Masonry Wall, Water Heater, Wine Room, Work Shop, Agricultural Building, Commercial Building, Return Air Panning, Metal Building Roof, Metal Building Wall, Post and Frame Building Roof, Post and Frame Building Wall.