Utilizing Reflectix® to enhance the efficiency of your existing duct system is one of the “easiest to install” products you can select. There are no fibers or dust contained in the product, thus no need for respirators or protective garments.
Double Reflective Insulation
• BP48025 (48” x 25’)
Note: Click here for information on our larger rolls which are available by Special Order at the Contractor or Customer Service Desks.Benefits:
• Easy to handle and install
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
• Lightweight and clean
• Not affected by moisture or humidity
• Resists growth of fungi, mold and mildew
• When sealed properly, aids in reducing duct leakage
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Federal Trade Commission Fact Sheet: Installation Instructions:
Download DIY Duct Insulation R-6 Installation Instructions 0714.pdf
• Make sure all metal joints, seams and penetrations are sealed.
• In order to obtain the R-6, a 3/4” air space (spacer strip) is required between the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective product and the duct surface. A spacer strip can be created by cutting Reflectix® into 2” wide strips and double wrapping (the strips) around the circumference of the duct every 24”.
• Verify the circumference of the duct at the mid-point of a spacer strip.
• Cut the Reflectix® product to this length plus 1”.
• Wrap the product around the duct and securely tape the linear and circumference seams (overlapping 1”) with UL181 approved HVAC foil tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
• Do not leave any exposed duct or space where air can enter between the duct and the Reflectix®.