Pipe Wrap (Spiral & Linear)
Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble products for pipe wrap applications are the clear winner in terms of ease of installation and two strong benefits; an R-2.0 and the reduction of condensation on cold pipes. There are a variety of product types and installation configurations available. The product does not create fibers or dust that would require protective garments or a respirator. The rolls are a very friendly size and can easily be molded or cut to your specific application.
Spiral Pipe Wrap
• BP24025 (24” x 25’)
• BP48025 (48” x 25’)
• SPW02025 (2” x 25’)Linear Pipe Wrap
• SPW04025 (4” x 25’)
• SPW06025 (6” x 25’)
• LPW06025 (6” x 25’)
• R-2.0 and eliminates condensation on cold pipes
• Easy to install
• Does not compress, collapse or disintegrate
• Resists growth of fungi, mold and mildew
• Permanent and maintenance free
• Environmentally safe, lightweight and clean
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. For a copy of an actual test report, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call at 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Installation Instructions: (There are 2 options)
Download DIY Pipe Wrap Installation Instructions 1112.pdf
• When utilizing the “SPW” product, spiral wrap the product overlapping a minimum of 1/2” inch. Securely tape the seams with a Reflectix® Foil Tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
• When utilizing the “BP” product, cut into 2” or 4” wide strips. Then, follow the directions above for the “SPW” product.
• When utilizing the “LPW” product, cut the Pipe Wrap into manageable lengths (approximately 8’). Place the white side of the product towards the pipe. The product has a double-sided tape with a liner down one edge. Pull the two edges snugly around the pipe and overlap with the taped edge on top. Traverse down the pipe removing the liner as you securely tape the outside (taped) edge over and onto the lower edge (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
• When utilizing the “BP” product, first determine the width of product required to wrap the circumference of the pipe and add 1”. Cut strips of the product to this width in 8 foot lengths. Pull the two edges snugly around the pipe and overlap 1”. Traverse down the pipe and utilize Reflectix® Foil Tape to seal the product seam (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
There are a wide variety of terms and words associated with the Reflectix® family of products. Those in common usage are itemized below in two categories - Products & Applications.
Products: Reflective Insulation, Radiant Barrier, Cathedral Ceiling Insulation, Crawl Space Insulation, Concrete Slab Insulation, Duct Insulation Indoors, Duct Insulation Outdoors, Duct Insulation Spacers, Expansion Joint, Knee Wall Insulation, Pipe Wrap Insulation, Radiant Floor Insulation, Return Air Duct Panning, Wall Insulation, Water Heater Insulation, Metal Building Insulation, Post and Frame Building Insulation, Foil Tape, Metalized Tape, White Poly Tape, Sill Sealer, Foil Insulation, Foil Radiant Barrier, Bubble Pack Insulation, Bubble Insulation, HVAC Insulation, Easy to Install Insulation, No Itch Insulation, Energy Saving Products, Energy Efficient Products. Also, Products/Terms within our industry include: Low-e Coatings, Radiant Barrier Paint, Radiation Control Coatings, Radiant Barrier Plywood, Radiant Barrier Decking, Radiant Barrier Chips, Radiant Barrier Tax Credit.
Applications: Attic, Behind Hot Water Radiator, Cathedral Ceiling, Concrete Slab, Crawl Space, Duct Indoors, Duct Outdoors, Expansion Joint, Garage Door, Knee Wall, Pipe Wrap, Radiant Floor, Snow Melt, Sill Sealer, Storage Buildings, Exterior Wall, Masonry Wall, Water Heater, Wine Room, Work Shop, Agricultural Building, Commercial Building, Return Air Panning, Metal Building Roof, Metal Building Wall, Post and Frame Building Roof, Post and Frame Building Wall.