Post Frame Building - Roof - New
Below the PurlinsPlease Note: In addition to the stated R-value, this application also provides a Radiant Barrier. As a result, a 94% + reduction of the radiant energy that ordinarily would be transmitted to the interior of the building is blocked.
R-11 Heat Flow Down (and a Radiant Barrier) | R-5.1 Heat Flow Up
R-9.0* Heat Flow Down (and a Radiant Barrier) | R-4.4* Heat Flow Up
Above the Purlins
R-6.8 Heat Flow Down (and a Radiant Barrier) | R-6.0 Heat Flow Up
R-6.4* Heat Flow Down (and a Radiant Barrier) | R-4.3* Heat Flow Up
Reflectix® Insulation products are a group of technologically advanced materials. They are ideal for new construction or retrofit applications in commercial, industrial, metal and post/frame buildings, along with many other DIY applications. When you think of insulation, you should think of Reflectix®. Our products are recognized for their thermal performance, easy installation, versatility and price.
Double Reflective Insulation
• ST48100 (48” x 100’)
• Easy to handle and install
• Convenient roll sizes
• Class A / Class 1 Fire Rating
• Inhibits dew point condensation
• Vapor retarder (0.02 perms)
• Does not compress, collapse or disintegrate
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Installation Instructions: (There are 2 options)
Download Post Frame - Roof - New Installation Instructions 0910.pdf
• After the trusses are set, run two purlins to make sure the trusses stay true.
• Attach the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective, Staple Tab product to the first truss with at least 5/16” staples. Temporarily nail a 2”x 4” block over the end of the product to prevent it from pulling away.
• Roll out the product across the top of the trusses, pull tight and staple.
• Run subsequent courses of the product with the 3/4” staple tabs overlapping at the seams.
• Tape the seams with a Reflectix® Foil Tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
• Install purlins over the insulation. Nail or screw to the trusses through the product.
• Install the metal roof to the purlins.
• Per instructions above except install Reflectix® after installing the purlins.
• When installing product, insure that a minimum of a 3/4” drape (middle of cavity) is present.
* Includes thermal resistance of 1.32 UP and 4.55 DOWN for interior air film.
Calculation Disclaimer: All values are calculated based on the “ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals” heat flow up and down.