This application is a great option for the Do-It-Yourselfer in reducing the energy consumption of the home's water heater. Not only is Reflectix® quick and easy to install, it will pay for itself in as quickly as 9 months.
Double Reflective Insulation
• BP48025 (48” x 25’)
• Installs quickly and easily
• Product does not contain fibers or dust that require respirators or protective garments
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Federal Trade Commission Fact Sheet: Installation Instructions:
Download DIY Water Heater Installation Instructions 0714.pdf
• Cut three 2” wide strips of the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective product at twice the circumference of the water heater (to be utilized as spacers).
• Attach the three strips (doubled) around the circumference of the water heater (top, bottom and middle).
• Cut the Reflectix® at a width equal to the height of the water heater. Secondly, cut the length of the product equal to the circumference measured on the outside of the spacers plus 1”.
• If the water heater is taller than 48”, a section of product will need to be fashioned to make up the shortage. The seam between the 48” sheet and the “extension” piece will need to be taped with Reflectix® Foil Tape on both sides.
• Wrap the Reflectix® around the water heater and tape the vertical seam with Reflectix® Foil Tape.
• Trim product around pressure valve and cut on both sides of thermostat housing to create a flap type cover for easy access. Additionally, cut product away from the cover of the lower access panel.
• Note: Electric Water Heaters Only - Cut a circular section of the product the size of the top of the water heater - trim to accommodate wires, pipes and relief valve. Tape (foil) the circular product section to the top of the water heater. Do not use product on top of gas water heaters.
• Note: Electric Water Heaters - Check to insure heater is wired to meet local codes.
• Note: All Water Heaters - Refer to owners or operating manual and follow any instructions provided for insulating the unit.