Roof - Radiant Barrier
Wall - Masonry R-3.7 to R-6.1
Wall - 2” x 4” R-6.1 (No Fiberglass)
Wall - 2” x 4” R-14 Total Assembly (R-3.9 and a Vapor/Moisture Barrier for the Reflectix®)
Reflectix® products provide a wide range of Insulation and Radiant Barrier options for the Do-It-Yourselfer who wants to increase the interior comfort levels of a garage or work shop. Depending on the structure of the building and the level of benefit required, Reflectix® has an “easy to install” option to consider.
Double Reflective Insulation
• BP24025 (24” x 25’)
• BP48025 (48” x 25’)
• ST16025 (16” x 25’)
• ST24025 (24” x 25’)
• RB48125 (48” x 125’)
Note: Click here for information on our larger rolls which are available by Special Order at the Contractor or Customer Service Desks.
• Wide range of performance optionsTesting and Certification:
• Installs quickly and easily
• Product does not contain fibers or dust that require respirators or protective garments
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
• Reduces the level of interior temperature fluctuations
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Federal Trade Commission Fact Sheet: Installation Instructions:
Download DIY Workshop Installation Instructions 0910.pdf
• Refer to the Reflectix® Webpage “DIY Attic”, option #2, “Rafter Cavity Method”. (Do not install according to option #1 “Underside of Rafter Method”. This option is only specified for Attic systems.)
• Note: Fiberglass and sheetrock do not apply.
• Refer to the Reflectix® Webpage “DIY Wall - Masonry”.
• Determine if studs are 16” or 24” on center (This will determine whether Reflectix® 16” or 24” product is utilized).
• Place one corner edge of the Reflectix® in an upper corner of the stud cavity. At a point that splits the stud cavity; staple the product to the side of the stud (creating a 3/4” tab on the product).
• Proceed “down”, stapling to the side of the stud every 2"- 3”.
• Repeat procedure on opposite stud.
• The Goal: Create two approximately equal continuous 1 3/4” air spaces on each side of the Reflectix® Insulation.
• This application also provides a vapor/moisture barrier.
• Finish wall interior with a panel or sheathing (Product is not specified as an interior wall covering).
• Refer to the Reflectix® Webpage “DIY Wall - Exterior - 2”x 4””.