Radiant Floor - In a Sub-Floor
Click here for Submittal Sheet for Radiant Floor In a Sub-Floor (N31 Rev. 1214).pdf
Reflectix® has an insulating upgrade available for a radiant floor system installed in a sub-floor. The addition of this Reflective Insulation into a radiant floor project will result in a higher level of energy efficiency and a more even floor surface temperature. The bonus characteristic to this product is how easy it is to handle and install.
Double Reflective Insulation
• HVBP48125 (48” x 125’)
• Directs heat into living space
• Enhances even heat distribution across floor surface
• Reduces annual energy costs of the system
• Installs quickly and easily
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
• No nesting characteristics for insects
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
Federal Trade Commission Fact Sheet: Installation Instructions:
For all methods (retrofit), inspect the structural integrity of the sub-floor, and make any needed repairs before installing Reflectix®.
• Unroll the Reflectix® Reflective Insulation over the existing floor. Cut product flush with the walls.
• Butt the seams of the insulation and seal with 2” wide foil tape. Note: Utilize a flat edge taping tool to assure good adhesion on all tape.
• Install Radiant Floor System per manufacturer’s specifications, sleepers and new (top) subfloor.