Reflectix® Insulation products are a technologically advanced Insulation material ideal for new construction or retrofit applications in commercial, industrial, metal and post/frame buildings. Our products are recognized for their thermal performance, easy installation, versatility and price.Recommended Products:
Single Reflective Insulation
• RDBW48100 (48” x 100’)
• Easy to handle and install
• Convenient roll sizes
• Class A / Class 1 Fire Rating
• Inhibits dew point condensation
• Vapor retarder (0.02 perms)
• Does not compress, collapse or disintegrate
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Installation Instructions: (There are 2 options)
Download Metal Building - Roof - New Installation Instructions 0910.pdf
• The Reflectix® Insulation is installed with the “white side” towards the interior of the building.
• After the red metal is erected, install the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/White product over the purlins by using 1/2” self-tapping metal screws and screwing the foil to the purlins.
• Tape the seams with a Reflectix® Foil Tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
• Install at least a 3/4” thermal break. If installing a standing seam roof, use clips with thermal breaks.
• Install roofing either by screwing corrugated metal screws through the thermal break and insulation to the purlin or install a standing seam roof.
• Per instructions above without the thermal break.
* Includes thermal resistance of 0.61 UP and 0.92 DOWN for interior air film.
Calculation Disclaimer: All values are calculated based on the “ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals” heat flow up and down.