Metal Building - Roof - Retrofit
Open Interior with 1”x 2” Furring
R-11* Heat Flow Down (and a Radiant Barrier)
R-4.4* Heat Flow Up
Please Note: In addition to the stated R-value, this application also provides a Radiant Barrier. As a result, a 94% + reduction of the radiant energy that ordinarily would be transmitted to the interior of the building is blocked.
Reflectix® Insulation products are a group of technologically advanced materials. They are ideal for new construction or retrofit applications in commercial, industrial, metal and post/frame buildings, along with many other DIY applications. When you think of insulation, you should think of Reflectix®. Our products are recognized for their thermal performance, easy installation, versatility and price.
Double Reflective Insulation
• ST48100 (48” x 100’)
• Easy to handle and install
• Convenient roll sizes
• Class A / Class 1 Fire Rating
• Inhibits dew point condensation
• Vapor retarder (0.02 perms)
• Does not compress, collapse or disintegrate
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Download Metal Building - Roof - Retrofit Installation Instructions 0910.pdf
• Pre-installation inspection - Check the roof area for clutter, water sprinklers, conduit and lights. Sprinkler systems are especially important. All water pipes must be below the Reflectix® to prevent the possibility of freezing in the winter. In many instances the Reflectix® product must be installed up near the roof deck.* Includes thermal resistance of 1.32 UP and 4.55 DOWN for interior air film.
• Install 1”x 2” furring strips on the bottom of and perpendicular to the Z purlins on 22” centers. Utilize 1 1/4” self-tapping sheet metal screws to secure the furring strips to the Z purlins.
• Butt the furring strips together and tape. Staple tape for reinforcement.
• Attach the product using 5/16” staples at approximately 4” intervals.
• Staple the edges of the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective product to the furring strips with a 3/4” overlap at the seams.
• Tape the seams with a Reflectix® Foil Tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
• Staple product down the middle of the sheet into the furring strip above.
Calculation Disclaimer: All values are calculated based on the “ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals” heat flow up and down.
F2 - Solutions for the Pro (Revised 0416)