Metal Building - Wall - New
Metal Interior with a 3/4” Thermal Break
R-8.2* Heat Flow Horizontal
Open Interior with a 3/4” Thermal Break
R-6.0* Heat Flow Horizontal
Metal Interior with a Nominal 3/4” Drape in Product (No Thermal Break)
R-5.9* Heat Flow Horizontal
Open Interior with a Nominal 3/4” Drape in Product (No Thermal Break)
R-4.7* Heat Flow Horizontal
Reflectix® Insulation products are a group of technologically advanced materials. They are ideal for new construction or retrofit applications in commercial, industrial, metal and post/frame buildings, along with many other DIY applications. When you think of insulation, you should think of Reflectix®. Our products are recognized for their thermal performance, easy installation, versatility and price.
Double Reflective Insulation
• ST48100 (48” x 100’)
• Easy to handle and install
• Convenient roll sizes
• Class A / Class 1 Fire Rating
• Inhibits dew point condensation
• Vapor retarder (0.02 perms)
• Does not compress, collapse or disintegrate
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Installation Instructions: (There are 2 options)
Download Metal Building - Wall - New Installation Instructions 0912.pdf
• Install Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective, Staple Tab product vertically, using 1 1/4” self tapping screws. This will secure the insulation to the exterior of the C or Z girts.
• Tape the seams with a Reflectix® Foil Tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
• Install a 3/4” thermal break and attach corrugated metal exterior finish.
• If an interior finish is applied, install the interior panels to the interior face of the girts. This will create a 3/4” air space between the exterior finish and the insulation and an 8” air space between the insulation and the interior finish.
• When installing the product, insure there is a drape (towards the interior) of at least 3/4” at the center of the cavity.
* Includes thermal resistance of 1.70 interior air film.
Calculation Disclaimer: All values are calculated based on the “ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals”.