Metal Building - Wall - Retrofit
R-4.5* Heat Flow Horizontal
Reflectix® Insulation products are a group of technologically advanced materials. They are ideal for new construction or retrofit applications in commercial, industrial, metal and post/frame buildings, along with many other DIY applications. When you think of insulation, you should think of Reflectix®. Our products are recognized for their thermal performance, easy installation, versatility and price.
Double Reflective Insulation
• ST48100 (48” x 100’)
• Easy to handle and install
• Convenient roll sizes
• Class A / Class 1 Fire Rating
• Inhibits dew point condensation
• Vapor retarder (0.02 perms)
• Does not compress, collapse or disintegrate
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Download Metal Building - Wall - Retrofit Installation Instructions 0910.pdf
• Install 1”x 2” furring strips on the inside and perpendicular to the Z girts on 22” centers. Utilize 1 1/4” self-tapping sheet metal screws to secure the furring strips to the Z girts.
• Butt the furring strips together and tape. Staple tape for reinforcement.
• Attach the product using 5/16” staples at approximately 4” intervals.
• Staple the edges of the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective, Staple Tab product to the furring strips with the 3/4” tabs (so that they will overlap at the seam).
• Tape the seams with a Reflectix® Foil Tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
• Staple product down the middle of the sheet into the furring strip parallel and centered.
* Includes thermal resistance of 1.70 interior air film.
Calculation Disclaimer: All values are calculated based on the “ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals”.
F2 - Solutions for the Pro (Revised 0416)