Post Frame Building - Roof - Retrofit - Bottom of Purlin
Bottom of the Purlins
R-6.4* Heat Flow Down | R-3.7* Heat Flow Up
Reflectix® Insulation products are a technologically advanced Insulation material ideal for new construction or retrofit applications in commercial, industrial, metal and post/frame buildings. Our products are recognized for their thermal performance, easy installation, versatility and price.
Single Reflective Insulation
• RDBW48100 (48” x 100’)
• Easy to handle and install
• Convenient roll sizes
• Class A / Class 1 Fire Rating
• Inhibits dew point condensation
• Vapor retarder (0.02 perms)
• Does not compress, collapse or disintegrate
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Download Post Frame - Roof - Retrofit - Bottom of Purlin Installation Instructions 0910.pdf
• The Reflectix® Insulation is installed with the “white side” towards the interior of the building.
• Inspect the roof area for clutter in buildings where there is no ceiling.
• Measure the distance between the trusses. Many times, the distance will be 4’ or less. In some geographical areas, due to snow load, the distance will be as close as 2’.
• Cut pieces of the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/White Insulation 6” longer than the distance between the ridge pole and the bird’s mouth.
• Staple the product to the bottom of the purlins with 5/16” staples, 3” to 4” apart. Turn the edges down and staple to the side of the top cord of the trusses.
• Staple the top of the insulation to the ridge pole and the bottom to the top plate at the wall.
• Tape any butt seams with Reflectix® Foil Tape. Make sure the tape is applied so that a proper bond occurs.
* Includes thermal resistance of 0.61 UP and 0.92 DOWN for interior air film.
Calculation Disclaimer: All values are calculated based on the “ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals” heat flow up and down.