Post Frame Building - Roof - Retrofit - Bottom of Truss
Bottom of the Trusses
R-10* Heat Flow Down (and a Radiant Barrier) | R-3.7* Heat Flow Up
Please Note: In addition to the stated R-value, this application also provides a Radiant Barrier. As a result, a 94% + reduction of the radiant energy that ordinarily would be transmitted to the interior of the building is blocked.Reflectix® Insulation products are a group of technologically advanced materials. They are ideal for new construction or retrofit applications in commercial, industrial, metal and post/frame buildings, along with many other DIY applications. When you think of insulation, you should think of Reflectix®. Our products are recognized for their thermal performance, easy installation, versatility and price.
Double Reflective Insulation
• ST24100 (24” x 100’)
• ST48100 (48” x 100’)
• Easy to handle and install
• Convenient roll sizes
• Class A / Class 1 Fire Rating
• Inhibits dew point condensation
• Vapor retarder (0.02 perms)
• Does not compress, collapse or disintegrate
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Download Post Frame - Roof - Retrofit - Bottom of Trusses Installation Instructions 0910.pdf
• Pre-installation inspection - Check the roof area for clutter, water sprinklers, conduit and lights. Sprinkler systems are especially important. All water pipes must be below the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective Foil, Staple Tab product to prevent the possibility of freezing in the winter.
• Nail 1”x 2” furring strips on the bottom of and perpendicular to the trusses on 22” centers. (Note: When truss spacing is 24” it is recommended to install the Reflectix® 24” or 48” product directly to the bottom cord of the truss.)
• Butt the furring strips together and tape. Staple tape for reinforcement.
• Staple the edges of the Reflectix® to the furring strips with the 3/4” tabs (so that they will overlap at the seam).
• Tape the seams with a Reflectix® Foil Tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
• Tape any butt seams with Reflectix® Foil Tape, insure taped seam has a good full continuous bond.
• Staple product at approximately 4” intervals down the middle of the sheet into the furring strip above.
* Includes thermal resistance of 1.32 UP and 4.55 DOWN for interior air film.
Calculation Disclaimer: All values are calculated based on the “ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals” heat flow up and down.