Post Frame Building - Roof - Retrofit - Bottom of Truss
Bottom of the Trusses
R-6.6* Heat Flow Down | R-3.0* Heat Flow Up
Reflectix® Insulation products are a technologically advanced Insulation material ideal for new construction or retrofit applications in commercial, industrial, metal and post/frame buildings. Our products are recognized for their thermal performance, easy installation, versatility, price and environmental friendliness.
Single Reflective Insulation
• RDBW48100 (48” x 100’)
• Easy to handle and install
• Convenient roll sizes
• Class A / Class 1 Fire Rating
• Inhibits dew point condensation
• Vapor retarder (0.02 perms)
• Does not compress, collapse or disintegrate
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Download Post Frame - Roof - Retrofit - Bottom of Truss Installation Instructions 0910.pdf
• The Reflectix® Insulation is installed with the “white side” towards the interior of the building.
• Pre-installation inspection - Check the roof area for clutter, water sprinklers, conduit and lights. Sprinkler systems are especially important. All water pipes must be below the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/White Insulation to prevent the possibility of freezing in the winter.
• Nail 1”x 2” furring strips on the bottom of and perpendicular to the trusses on 22” centers. (Note: When truss spacing is 24” it is recommended to install the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/White 48” product directly to the bottom cord of the truss.)
• Butt the furring strips together and tape. Staple tape for reinforcement.
• Staple the edges of the Reflectix® to the furring strip with 5/16" staples at approximately 4" intervals. Run subsequent courses of the product with a 3/4” overlap at the seams.
• Tape the seams with a Reflectix® White Poly Tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
• Tape any butt seams with Reflectix® White Poly Tape, insure taped seam has a good full continuous bond.
• Staple product down the middle of the sheet into the furring strip above.
* Includes thermal resistance of 0.61 UP and 0.92 DOWN for interior air film.
Calculation Disclaimer: All values are calculated based on the “ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals” heat flow up and down.