Post Frame Building - Wall - Retrofit
Inside the Girts
R-6.3 Heat Flow Horizontal
R-5.3* Heat Flow Horizontal
Reflectix® Insulation products are a group of technologically advanced materials. They are ideal for new construction or retrofit applications in commercial, industrial, metal and post/frame buildings, along with many other DIY applications. When you think of insulation, you should think of Reflectix®. Our products are recognized for their thermal performance, easy installation, versatility and price.
Double Reflective Insulation
• ST48100 (48” x 100’)
• Easy to handle and install
• Convenient roll sizes
• Class A / Class 1 Fire Rating
• Inhibits dew point condensation
• Vapor retarder (0.02 perms)
• Does not compress, collapse or disintegrate
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Download Post Frame - Wall - Retrofit Installation Instructions 0910.pdf
• The Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective, Staple Tab product can be installed either vertically or horizontally.
• Attach the product to the inside of the girts using 5/16” staples at approximately 4" intervals.
• Tape the seams with a Reflectix® Foil Tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
• For interior covering, attach 1”x 2” furring strips perpendicular to the girts through the insulation.
• Attach interior panel to the furring strips.
• This will provide a 1” (nominal) air space between the interior panel and the insulation and a 1 1/2” air space between the insulation and the outside panel.
* Includes thermal resistance of 1.70 interior air film.
Calculation Disclaimer: All values are calculated based on the “ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals”.