Post Frame Building - Wall - Retrofit
Inside the Girts
R-4.2* Heat Flow Horizontal
Reflectix® Insulation products are a technologically advanced Insulation material ideal for new construction or retrofit applications in commercial, industrial, metal and post/frame buildings. Our products are recognized for their thermal performance, easy installation, versatility and price.
Single Reflective Insulation
• RDBW48100 (48” x 100’)
• Easy to handle and install
• Convenient roll sizes
• Class A / Class 1 Fire Rating
• Inhibits dew point condensation
• Vapor retarder (0.02 perms)
• Does not compress, collapse or disintegrate
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Download Post Frame - Wall - Retrofit Installation Instructions 0910.pdf
• The Reflectix® Insulation is installed with the “white side” towards the interior of the building.* Includes thermal resistance of 0.68 interior air film.
• Pre-installation inspection - Check the roof area for clutter, water sprinklers, conduit and lights. Sprinkler systems are especially important. All water pipes must be below the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/White Insulation to prevent the possibility of freezing in the winter.
• Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/White Insulation can be installed either vertically or horizontally.
• Attach the product to the inside of the girts using 5/16” staples.
• Staple product at approximately 4” intervals into the girts.
• Tape the seams with a Reflectix® Foil Tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
Calculation Disclaimer: All values are calculated based on the “ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals”.