R-16 and a Radiant Reflector (with R-13 Fiberglass Batt)
R-19 and a Radiant Reflector (with R-13 Fiberglass Batt and 0.75” Furring (on Back of Knee Wall))
This application is very effective for expanding a living space by finishing out an attic or an above garage area. The benefits provided by Reflectix® are three-fold: Our product provides increased R-values by being a Reflective Insulation and also by eliminating air flow into the back side of the batt (which reduces stated R-values). The third benefit addresses Radiant Heat Flow that the wall would ordinarily absorb (a big problem for Knee Walls). The 94% + reflectivity of the product all but eliminates this heat transfer occurrence. The product has the added attraction of ease of handling and installation.
Double Reflective Insulation
• BP24050 (24” x 50’)
• BP24100 (24” x 100’)
• ST16050 (16” x 50’)
• ST16100 (16” x 100’)
• ST24050 (24” x 50’)
• ST24100 (24” x 100’)
• R-16 (with R-13 fiberglass batt)
• R-19 (with R-13 fiberglass batt and 0.75” furring (on back of knee wall))
• Reflects 94% + radiant energy back up into attic space
• Enhances performance of a typically installed system
• Increases comfort levels (by dramatic reduction in summer time heat gain)
• Installs quickly and easily
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call 800-879-3645.
Federal Trade Commission Fact Sheet: Installation Instructions:
Download Pro Knee Wall Installation Instructions 1114.pdf
• Construct Knee Wall per Building Code.
• Prior to installing fiberglass batts, measure the inside height of the knee wall cavity.
• Precut the Reflectix® to this measured length minus 1/2”.
• Start at the inside top of the first cavity.
• If utilizing the Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective, Staple Tab product, staple the tab of the product to the side of the stud and continue downward stapling every 3” to 4” - Repeat on opposite stud - The plane created by the product should be parallel to the back side faces of the studs - There should be a continuous 1/2” air gap across the bottom of the cavity.
• If utilizing the Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective product, staple the edge of the product to the back face of the stud, splitting the stud - Continue downward stapling every 3” to 4” - Repeat on opposite stud - The plane created by the product should be parallel to the back side faces of the studs - There should be a continuous 1/2” air gap across the bottom of the cavity.
• Install Fiberglass Batt per Manufacturer’s Instructions.
• Install a Vapor Barrier on the inside of the Knee Wall if your Building Code dictates.
• Finish interior of Knee Wall.
• Prior to placing the Knee Wall and nailing it to the floor and rafters, attach a 1”x 2” (nominal) furring strip to the back of each Knee Wall Stud.
• Install Reflectix® per instruction in Method #1 (above).
F1 - Energy Saving Solutions for the Homeowner (Revised 0711)
F2 - Solutions for the Pro (Revised 0416)