Radiant Floor - In a Sub-Floor
Reflectix® has an insulating upgrade available for a radiant floor system installed in a sub-floor. The addition of this Single Reflective Insulation into a radiant floor project will result in a higher level of energy efficiency and a more even floor surface temperature. The bonus characteristic to this product is how easy it is to handle and install.
• RDBW48100 (48” x 100’)
• Directs heat into living space
• Enhances even heat distribution across floor surface
• Reduces annual energy costs of the system
• Installs quickly and easily
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
• No nesting characteristics for insects
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call 800-879-3645.
Federal Trade Commission Fact Sheet: Installation Instructions:Download Pro Radiant Floor - In a Sub-Floor Installation Instructions 1114.pdf
Installation instructions and illustrated drawings are recommendations only, while proper local construction methods are the responsibility of the installer.
For all methods (retrofit), inspect the structural integrity of the sub-floor, and make any needed repairs before installing Reflectix®.
• Unroll the Reflectix® Single Reflective Insulation over the existing floor (reflective side facing up). Cut product flush with the walls.
• Butt the seams of the product and seal with 2” wide foil tape. Note: Utilize a flat edge taping tool to assure good adhesion on all tape.
• Install Radiant Floor System per manufacturer’s specifications, sleepers and new (top) subfloor.