Radiant Floor - Over an Existing Floor
Reflectix® has an insulating upgrade available for a radiant floor system installed over an existing floor; our specially designed Concrete Slab Insulation. The unique characteristics of this product contribute to energy savings along with a more even floor surface temperature. The bonus characteristic to this product is how easy it is to handle and install.
Concrete Slab Insulation
• DBWEF48050 (48” x 50’)
• DBWEF48100 (48” x 100’)
• DBWEF48125 (48” x 125’)
• Promotes even heat distribution
• Increases system efficiency
• Reduces annual energy costs of the system
• Installs quickly and easily
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
• Vapor retarder
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-879-3645.
Federal Trade Commission Fact Sheet: Installation Instructions:
Download Pro Radiant Floor - Over Existing Floor Installation Instructions 1114.pdf
• Unroll the Reflectix® Concrete Slab Insulation over the existing floor prior to pouring the concrete (white poly side facing up). Cut product flush with the walls.
• Butt the seams of the product and seal with 3” wide poly tape. Note: Utilize a flat edge taping tool to assure good adhesion on all tape.
• Install Radiant Floor System per manufacturer’s specifications.
F1 - Energy Saving Solutions for the Homeowner (Revised 0711)
F2 - Solutions for the Pro (Revised 0416)