R-3.7, R-4.2 or R-6.1 and a Vapor/Moisture Barrier
The Pro has several options to choose from when finishing a masonry wall. Reflectix® provides three such options that do not require the addition of a stud wall. The structure of the masonry wall is utilized to support the system. The product is easy to install and contains no fibers or dust that would require respirators or protective garments.
Double Reflective InsulationBenefits:
• ST16050 (16” x 50’)
• ST16100 (16” x 100’)
• ST24050 (24” x 50’)
• ST24100 (24” x 100)
• R-3.7 to R-6.1 (depending on size of air space)
• Vapor retarder / moisture barrier
• Easy to handle and install
• Convenient roll sizes
• Not affected by moisture or humidity
• Lightweight and clean
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call 800-879-3645.
Federal Trade Commission Fact Sheet:
Installation Instructions: There are three “levels of benefit” optionDownload Pro Masonry Wall Installation Instructions 1114.pdf
• Attach 1”x 2” (nominal) furring strips vertically at an interval of 16” on center to the masonry wall (with an adhesive or fastener that is specified for this application).
• Cut the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective, Staple Tab product (using scissors or a utility knife) into lengths equal to the height of the wall (floor to ceiling).
• Staple the product to the face of the furring strip - product seams should split on a furring strip.
• One air space is created between the Reflectix® and the masonry wall.
• Finish with interior panel (or sheetrock) of choice.
• Same as above except utilize 2”x 2” (nominal) furring.
• Same as above, except the product is not stapled to the face of the furring strip.
• Staple the product to the side of the furring strip at a depth of 3/4”. The goal is to split the cavity (in two) into approximately equal air spaces.
• The two air spaces created are: one between the Reflectix® and the masonry wall, and the other between the new interior panel and the Reflectix®.