Metal Building - Roof - New
Open Interior with 3/4” Thermal Breaks
R-10* Heat Flow Down (and a Radiant Barrier)
R-4.5* Heat Flow Up
Open Interior without Thermal Breaks and a Nominal 3/4” Drape
R-7.6* Heat Flow Down (and a Radiant Barrier)
R-3.9* Heat Flow Up
Please Note: In addition to the stated R-value, this application also provides a Radiant Barrier. As a result, a 94% + reduction of the radiant energy that ordinarily would be transmitted to the interior of the building is blocked.
Reflectix® Insulation products are a group of technologically advanced materials. They are ideal for new construction or retrofit applications in commercial, industrial, metal and post/frame buildings, along with many other DIY applications. When you think of insulation, you should think of Reflectix®. Our products are recognized for their thermal performance, easy installation, versatility and price.
Double Reflective Insulation
• BP48100 (48” x 100’)
• Easy to handle and install
• Convenient roll sizes
• Class A / Class 1 Fire Rating
• Inhibits dew point condensation
• Vapor retarder (0.02 perms)
• Does not compress, collapse or disintegrate
• Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
Testing and Certification:
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to our website “Literature Tab” above. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call 800-879-3645.
Air Space Requirements:
Installation Instructions: (There are 2 options)
Download Metal Building - Roof - New Installation Instructions 0912.pdf
• After the red metal is erected, install the Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective product over the purlins by using 1/2” self-taping metal screws and screwing the product to the purlins.
• Tape the seams with a Reflectix® Foil Tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
• Install at least a 3/4” thermal break. If installing a standing seam roof, use clips with thermal breaks.
• Install roofing either by screwing corrugated metal screws through the thermal break and insulation to the purlin or install a standing seam roof.
• If an interior finish is to be installed, attach to the bottom of the purlins.
• This will create a 3/4” air space between the roofing and the insulation and an 8” air space between the insulation and the interior finish.
• Per instructions above without the thermal break.
* Includes thermal resistance of 1.32 UP and 4.55 DOWN for interior air film.
Calculation Disclaimer: All values are calculated based on the “ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals” heat flow up and down.