Easy to Handle and Install
Note: Installation instructions and illustrated drawings are recommendations only, while proper local construction methods are the responsibility of the installer.
This durable, lightweight, closed-cell, foam expansion joint is the solution for your concrete placement needs. It is flexible and can be utilized for curved or straight applications. Reflectix® Expansion Joint is sealant-friendly working well with a variety of common sealants. Additionally, the product is sturdy and will not prematurely break during job-site handling.
Expansion Joint, Foam – Roll
- EXP04050 (4” x 50’)
- EXP06050 (6″ x 50′)
- Lightweight – Over 11 times lighter than traditional products
- Resistant to moisture – Virtually zero water absorption
- Termite resistant – Does not facilitate destructive termites
- Material is CFC and HCFC-free
- Temperature friendly – Excellent range for cold or hot climates
- Reusable – Tear-off strip can be reused as a backer rod
Installation Instruction pdf: DIY Expansion Joint Revised 012021
Note: Do Not Store In Direct Sun
- Unroll and cut to length.
- Attach to adjacent material before pouring concrete. Attachment can be made with construction adhesive, nails or staples. Be sure that the top of the Expansion Joint is at the top of the intended concrete pour.
- Expansion Joint material includes a built-in “tear-off” strip. Place “tear-off” strip facing up if caulking is desired after concrete hardens. Put “tear-off” strip facing down if no caulking is planned.
- Pour concrete and finish. After concrete hardens, if “tear-off” strip was placed up, remove strip and seal area with appropriate caulking.
- Exceeds ASTM Standard D-7174.
Review These Important Safety Guidelines Prior to Installation:
- ALWAYS check local building codes before installing Reflectix®.
- ALWAYS use eye protection.
- Please Note: The intention of these Installation Instructions and 3-D renderings are for the sole purpose of illustrating the correct location and relative position of the Reflectix® products in specific building assemblies. The correct construction methods and techniques are the responsibility of the installer or contractor. The methods outlined are recommendations on location of the Reflectix® products as a guideline. There are no claims on the part of Reflectix, Inc. that these building assemblies are finite standards or meet building code requirements (as they can vary by region).
Testing and Certification
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to the “Additional Resources” tab. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call (800) 879-3645.
Add'l Resources / Literature
Pictured: 1. 4″ and 6″ Expansion Joint Rolls, 2. Roll showing “tear-off” strip