Increased Efficiency in a Snow Melt System
Note: Installation instructions and illustrated drawings are recommendations only, while proper local construction methods are the responsibility of the installer.
For the Do-It-Yourselfer, Reflectix® has a product that enhances the performance of a Snow Melt System installed in a Concrete Slab; our specially designed Concrete Slab Insulation product. The addition of this product into a Snow Melt Concrete project will result in a higher level of energy operating efficiency. The bonus characteristic to this product is how easy it is to handle and install.
Concrete Slab Insulation
Concrete Slab Insulation, White/Reflective/Bubble/Bubble – Roll
- DBWEF48050 (48” x 50’)
- DBWEF48100 (48” x 100’)
- DBWEF48125 (48” x 125’)
- Reduces annual energy costs of the system
- Reduces heat loss due to groundwater
- Installs quickly and easily
- Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
- No nesting characteristics for insects
Installation Instruction pdf: PRO Snow Melt – CSI Revised 012021
- Unroll the Reflectix® Concrete Slab Insulation product over the base material prior to pouring the concrete.
- Butt the seams of the product and seal with 3” wide poly tape. Note: Utilize a flat edge taping tool to assure good adhesion on all tape.
- Install Snow Melt System per manufacturer’s specifications.
Review These Important Safety Guidelines Prior to Installation:
- ALWAYS check local building codes before installing Reflectix®.
- ALWAYS use eye protection.
- Please Note: The intention of these Installation Instructions and 3-D renderings are for the sole purpose of illustrating the correct location and relative position of the Reflectix® products in specific building assemblies. The correct construction methods and techniques are the responsibility of the installer or contractor. The methods outlined are recommendations on location of the Reflectix® products as a guideline. There are no claims on the part of Reflectix, Inc. that these building assemblies are finite standards or meet building code requirements (as they can vary by region).
Testing and Certification
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to the “Additional Resources” tab. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 879-3645.
Add'l Resources / Literature
Pictured: 1. Concrete Slab Insulation, 2. Product Close-up