Note: Installation instructions and illustrated drawings are recommendations only, while proper local construction methods are the responsibility of the installer.
Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble products for pipe wrap applications are the clear winner in terms of ease of installation and two strong benefits; an R-2.0 and the reduction of condensation on cold pipes. There are a variety of product configurations available. Reflectix® does not create fibers or dust that would require protective garments or a respirator. The rolls are a very friendly size and can easily be molded or cut to your specific application.
Double Reflective Insulation
Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective – Roll
- BP24025 (24” x 25’)
- BP48025 (48” x 25’)
Spiral Pipe Wrap, Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective – Roll
- SPW02025 (2” x 25’)
- SPW04025 (4” x 25’)
- SPW06025 (6” x 25’)
- R-2.0 and eliminates condensation on cold pipes
- Easy to install
- Does not compress, collapse or disintegrate
- Resists growth of fungi, mold and mildew
- Lightweight and clean
Installation Instruction pdf: DIY Spiral Pipe Wrap Revised 012021
- When utilizing the “SPW” product, spiral wrap the product overlapping a minimum of 1/2” inch. Securely tape the seams with a Reflectix® Foil Tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
- When utilizing the “BP” product, cut into 2” or 4” wide strips. Then, follow the directions above for the “SPW” product.
Review These Important Safety Guidelines Prior to Installation:
- ALWAYS check local building codes before installing Reflectix®.
- ALWAYS check the area you are insulating and make any needed repairs. Any worn wiring should be replaced before you begin installing Reflectix®.
- ALWAYS make sure work areas are well ventilated and well lighted.
- ALWAYS use eye protection when operating a staple gun.
- ALWAYS use caution and common sense when using a staple gun. Be aware of electrical wiring locations. Stapling into a wire can cause severe shock or death. NEVER staple into electrical wiring.
- ALWAYS be careful when working with large pieces of Reflectix® on windy days.
- When installing Reflectix® on bright sunny days, it is best to wear sun glasses.
- Do not work in areas such as attics when temperatures are too hot.
- Please Note: The intention of these Installation Instructions and 3-D renderings are for the sole purpose of illustrating the correct location and relative position of the Reflectix® products in specific building assemblies. The correct construction methods and techniques are the responsibility of the installer or contractor. The methods outlined are recommendations on location of the Reflectix® products as a guideline. There are no claims on the part of Reflectix, Inc. that these building assemblies are finite standards or meet building code requirements (as they can vary by region).
Testing and Certification
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to the “Additional Resources” tab. The documents are also available by e-mail at email@example.com or call (800) 879-3645.
Add'l Resources / Literature
Pictured: Spiral Pipe Wrap rolls in 2″, 4″ and 6″ widths