Metal Interior with a 3/4” Thermal Break: R-8.2
Open Interior with a 3/4” Thermal Break: R-6.0
Metal Interior with a Nominal 3/4” Drape in Product (No Thermal Break): R-5.9
Open Interior with a Nominal 3/4” Drape in Product (No Thermal Break): R-4.7
Note: Installation instructions and illustrated drawings are recommendations only, while proper local construction methods are the responsibility of the installer.
Reflectix® Insulation products are a group of technologically advanced materials. They are ideal for new construction or retrofit applications in commercial, industrial, metal and post/frame buildings, along with many other DIY applications. When you think of insulation, you should think of Reflectix®. Our products are recognized for their thermal performance, easy installation, versatility and price.
Double Reflective Insulation
Staple Tab, Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective – Roll
- ST48100 (48” x 100’)
- Easy to handle and install
- Convenient roll sizes
- Class A / Class 1 Fire Rating
- Inhibits dew point condensation
- Vapor retarder (0.02 perms)
- Does not compress, collapse or disintegrate
- Non-toxic / non-carcinogenic
Installation Instruction pdf: MB2 Wall New Revised 012021
There are 2 Installation Options
1. Installed with 3/4” Thermal Breaks
- Install Reflectix® Reflective/Bubble/Bubble/Reflective, Staple Tab product vertically, using 1/2” self tapping screws. This will secure the insulation to the exterior of the C or Z girts.
- Tape the seams with a Reflectix® Foil Tape (goal is an air-tight, snug seam seal).
- Install a 3/4” thermal break and attach corrugated metal exterior finish.
- If an interior finish is applied, install the interior panels to the interior face of the girts. This will create a 3/4” air space between the exterior finish and the insulation and an 8” air space between the insulation and the interior finish.
2. Installed with a 3/4” Drape in Product (No Thermal Break)
- When installing the product, insure there is a drape (towards the interior) of at least 3/4” at the center of the cavity.
Calculation Disclaimer: All values are calculated based on the “ASHRAE Handbook of Fundamentals”.
Review These Important Safety Guidelines Prior to Installation:
- ALWAYS check local building codes before installing Reflectix®.
- ALWAYS check the area you are insulating and make any needed repairs. Any worn wiring should be replaced before you begin installing Reflectix®.
- ALWAYS make sure work areas are well ventilated and well lighted.
- ALWAYS use eye protection when operating a staple gun.
- ALWAYS use caution and common sense when using a staple gun. Be aware of electrical wiring locations. Stapling into a wire can cause severe shock or death. NEVER staple into electrical wiring.
- ALWAYS be careful when working with large pieces of Reflectix® on windy days.
- When installing Reflectix® on bright sunny days, it is best to wear sun glasses.
- Do not work in areas such as attics when temperatures are too hot.
- Please Note: The intention of these Installation Instructions and 3-D renderings are for the sole purpose of illustrating the correct location and relative position of the Reflectix® products in specific building assemblies. The correct construction methods and techniques are the responsibility of the installer or contractor. The methods outlined are recommendations on location of the Reflectix® products as a guideline. There are no claims on the part of Reflectix, Inc. that these building assemblies are finite standards or meet building code requirements (as they can vary by region).
Testing and Certification
Reflectix® products are thoroughly tested at either nationally approved, independent laboratories or leading universities. Tests are performed to current American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) standards when a standard exists. To obtain a copy of our Product Testing Specifications, please refer to the “Additional Resources” tab. The documents are also available by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 879-3645.
Pictured: 1. Double Reflective Insulation, 2. Double Reflective Insulation with Staple Tab